When opening SSMS and trying to login to a SQL Server instance that you logged into before, often it happens that you have to retype the password, even though you have checked the checkbox to remember your password.
This morning I thought to try and find out why this happens as quite often you have to think about your password to retype it and it take time.
Just follow the steps below:
- Open up SSMS
- Click Connect to Server
- Select the Server name dropdown box
- Move your mouse down to the instance that do not remember your password
- Press the Delete button when the instance is highlighted
- Click on Cancel button and close SSMS
- Open up SSMS again and Click to Connect to Server
- Type the name in the Server name
- Type the Password and check the Remember me checkbox
Your password will now be remembered!